Posted 25.07.2017

Geographic import structure of fuel

According to the State Statistical Service of Ukraine, the import of gasoline in 2016 increased by 4.5%, the import of diesel fuel increased by 7.4%, year-on-year.

It is estimated that in the domestic consumption pattern the share of gasoline produced in Ukraine in 2016 amount to about 27% while diesel fuel 10%, in 2015 20% and 15% respectively. The outstanding part is covered by imports and this is precisely why the price level for fuel in the domestic market of Ukraine is directly attached to the national currency fluctuations and rely on European prices.

In 2016 Kremenchuk Oil Refinery and Shebelinsky gas processing plant were operating, as in the previous two years, which covered only 20% of the domestic consumption of fuel in Ukraine, the remaining 80% is compensated by Imports predominantly from Belarus, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Romania, Bulgaria (see map page 1,2,3).



According to the State Statistical Service of Ukraine, the import of gasoline in 2016 increased by 4.5% or by 62’000 tons and reached 1.454 million tons; the import of diesel fuel increased by 7.4% or by 353’000 tons and reached 5.125 million tons, year-on-year.

2016 saw an overall decline of 8% in the consumption of gasoline reaching the number 2.146 million tons compared to 2015 including a drop in sales of 4% to 521’000 tons; total consumption of diesel fuel, on the contrary, went up 1% to reach 4.62 million tons including a gain in sales of 7% to 3.437 million tons.

DZI Press Service

Ask a question